Radio Premium Exchange forum Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 08:02:29 AM
Radio Premium Exchange.com Home Classifieds Repro Alert Home Help Search Login Register

+  Radio Premium Exchange Forum
|-+  Premiums
| |-+  Other Premiums: Pulp, Gum, Comic, etc.
| | |-+  INNER SANCTUM radio show, Carter Pills & Lipton Tea premiums
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: INNER SANCTUM radio show, Carter Pills & Lipton Tea premiums  (Read 4398 times)
Larry Zdeb
Global Moderator

« on: January 02, 2011, 01:59:53 AM »

The famous mystery show "INNER SANCTUM" offered at least 4 premiums!

The earliest premium is a sticker on a business envelope from "FEMININE PRODUCTS DIVISION, Carter Products Inc, 53 Park Place, New York, N.Y." The envelope has a postage metered postmark dated "SEP 17, 41." The red & white round sticker in on the reverse & says "Join the MYSTERIOUS CIRCLE of the INNER SANCTUM, Tune in Sunday Nite."

The next premium is a letter & envelope dated March 6, 1942. The letter has "Creaking Door" graphics & mentions "Inner Sanctum" novels, Carter Pills & a sample of the product. It is signed "RAYMOND." The envelope has a return address of "From The Office Of Raymond, Your Inner Sanctum Host" & the address.

The next premium is a postcard with a picture of Raymond at an NBC microphone. The reverse mentions "Carter Pills & NBC Blue Network" information. This has been hand dated 11-12-42.

A 1943 Lipton Tea blotter showing the "creaking door" with CBS information.

Another item is not a premium but a press release photo of an actress.
The back paper mentions,
"Press Information...Columbia Broadcasting System...485 Madison Ave, New York 22, N.Y.
SUBJECT: Judith Evelyn
PROGRAM: "Inner Sanctum"
TIME ON: Tuesdays, 9:00-9:30 PM, EWT" (Eastern War Time)

Rare premiums from a top-notch mystery show!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:12:29 PM by Larry Zdeb » Logged
dialturner

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »

Larry - You forgot to mention the Chinese Good Luck charm on a piece of black ribbon that was offered by Lipton Tea during their sponsorship years  1944-46.  Mary Bennett, the spokeswoman, would banter with Raymond about his morbid jokes and then put in a plug for Lipton Tea.  You had to send in two labels from a Lipton Tea jar with possibly a dime to get this pin.  I have never seen this displayed anywhere so it might not have been very popular.  I think that you could get a postcard photo of Raymond (Raymond Edward Johnson) by writing in.  Since this was technically an adult show that kids just listen in to hear, they probably didn't do much in the premium department.
Larry Zdeb
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:18 PM »

I did mention the charm, but in the category of old time radio & early TV programs.
I neglected to add it to this listing which I will now do ...

In a wartime broadcast (the 7th War Loan was mentioned) a yet-to-be-discovered "medallion" premium was offered. The premium was a 1" solid sterling silver medallion with the inscription of "Good Luck" in Chinese on a black satin-rayon ribbon. Available from Lipton Tea, Box 92, New York City for 25 cents and a Lipton Tea box top. The medallion was a replica of one given to a downed American flyer in China rescued by the Chinese.                         
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length